15 quotes about family that are perfect for sharing during the holidays
The holidays are a time for coming together. Whether that’s with family, friends, or other loved ones, this time of year is all about taking a moment to appreciate your crew—in whatever form it may take for you.
But from big families to small and every size in between, we get that this time of year can also be stressful, anxiety-producing, and sometimes, drama-filled. It’s a time when we often get bogged down by the little things (Who’s bringing dessert to Christmas dinner? What am I going to wear to the holiday party?) instead of focusing on what’s really important: the people around us.
We rounded up some quotes about family to remind us about why we celebrate those near and dear to us—not just this time of year, but always. Oh, and they make great Instagram captions, too.
Quotes about family that make great holiday Instagram captions:
1. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.”—Brad Henry
2. “A good holiday is one spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours.”—John B. Priestly
3. “I’m a minimalist. I don’t really need much to enjoy a good holiday–just my family and the bare essentials.” —Jean Reno
4. “As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same.” —Donald E. Westlake
5. “Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.” —Kahlil Gibran
6. “Love the giver more than the gift.” —Brigham Young
7. “Happiness is there for the taking, and the making.” —Oprah Winfrey
8. “Christmas is a time when you get homesick – even when you’re home.” —Carol Nelson
9. “I find that it’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.” —Amy Adams
10. “A friend is a gift you give yourself.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
11. “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” —Leo Tolstoy
12. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”—George Burns
13. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”―Ann Brashares
14. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.”—George Bernard Shaw
15. “Friends are the family you choose.” —Jess C. Scot
The post 15 quotes about family that are perfect for sharing during the holidays appeared first on HelloGiggles.