Friday, Sept. 6
- Family Paddle Night. Free 20-minute kayak and stand-up paddle board rides will be available throughout the evening. These are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All paddling activities will remain in Riverside Park Lagoon. Kayakers must be ages 10 +. Kayakers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Paddlers of all abilities welcome. Cash-only beer garden serving Creston Brewery beer. When: Friday, Sept. 6, 5-8:30 p.m. Where: Riverside Park Entry: Free. Click for more information.
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. One of the most enduring shows of all time, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is a reimagining of the Biblical story of Joseph, his father Jacob, eleven brothers and the coat of many colors. When: Friday, Sept. 6, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Where: Circle Theatre Entry: $26-$30/ticket. Click for more information.
Saturday, Sept. 7
- Downtown Opening Launch for Project 1 by ArtPrize. The opening event features surprising appearances and a not-to-miss vertical dance performance by BANDALOOP in Rosa Parks Circle, followed by a conversation between Project 1 artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer and Alice Gray Stites, Chief Curator of 21c Museum Hotels. When: Saturday, Sept. 7, noon-3 p.m. Where: Rosa Parks Circle Entry: Free. Click for more information.
- Rockford’s Art in the Park. Art in the Park is a juried art show held in beautiful downtown Rockford. The event is organized and hosted by the Rogue River Artists Association.
When: Saturday, Sept. 7, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Where: Garden Club Park Entry: Free. Click for more information.
Sunday, Sept. 8
- Chef Prize 2019. Celebrate Kid’s Food Basket with chefs from Muskegon, Ottawa, and Kent counties along with local breweries and wineries. The food that the chefs prepare will be judged, and someone will receive the Chef Prize. When: Sunday, Sept. 8, noon-4 p.m. Where: Hampton Green Farm Entry: $55. Click for more information and tickets.